YUMMY ART CAKES,COOKIES AND CANDIES MEMBERSHIP
Click Here! Get Instant Access To Dozens And Dozens Of Cakes, Cookies And Candies Online Training Videos And Community. Stories, Recipes, Pictures And So Much More. This Membership Site Is A Real Winner
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
IYAN (POUNDED YAM) AND OBE EGUSI (MELON VEGETABLE SOUP)
INGREDIENT FOR POUNDED YAM (IYAN)
• Tubers of Yam
To prepare iyan,
1. buy like 2 tubers of YAM.
2. Peel it off, rinse, and boi till it's soft, not to soft now (NO SALT)
3. Get your odo, and omo ori odo (pistle and molta)
Hurry up because we don't want the yam to be cold now
4. Throw the yam in the molta one after the other as you pound.
5. Pound with all your strength.
6. Pound the yam very well, till it's all formed (u cook fufu -- uyo people, so you should know how a good fufu should be),
7.Use the pistle to turn the pounded yam very well,
8.Get a plate and serve it, if you're not eating it immediately, wrap in a plastic (nylon), and put the iyan in betweeen 2 blankets.
Yes,, it's better that way than in a cooler, because in a cooler the iyan can change .
As for the stew, it is right about eating it with efo riro, efo elegusi is sometimes good too.