YUMMY ART CAKES,COOKIES AND CANDIES MEMBERSHIP
Click Here! Get Instant Access To Dozens And Dozens Of Cakes, Cookies And Candies Online Training Videos And Community. Stories, Recipes, Pictures And So Much More. This Membership Site Is A Real Winner
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
INGREDIENT FOR POUNDED YAM (IYAN)
• Tubers of Yam
To prepare iyan,
1. buy like 2 tubers of YAM.
2. Peel it off, rinse, and boi till it's soft, not to soft now (NO SALT)
3. Get your odo, and omo ori odo (pistle and molta)
Hurry up because we don't want the yam to be cold now
4. Throw the yam in the molta one after the other as you pound.
5. Pound with all your strength.
6. Pound the yam very well, till it's all formed (u cook fufu -- uyo people, so you should know how a good fufu should be),
7.Use the pistle to turn the pounded yam very well,
8.Get a plate and serve it, if you're not eating it immediately, wrap in a plastic (nylon), and put the iyan in betweeen 2 blankets.
Yes,, it's better that way than in a cooler, because in a cooler the iyan can change .
As for the stew, it is right about eating it with efo riro, efo elegusi is sometimes good too.
INGREDIENTS FOR YAM FLOUR(ELUBO)
• White Yam
1. Peel and slice yam thinly (5mm thick),wash thoroughly and leave to soak in a bowl of boiling water until the water is cold.
2. Remove, and dry in the sun.
3. Beat and sift.
HOW TO PREPARE AMALA AND EWEDU
INGREDIENTS FOR AMALA
• Elubo/gbodo [yam flour]
• ewedu leaves
1. put some water in the pot and allow to boil
2. when boiling add your yam flour
as you are adding this, make sure you turn at the same time with a ladle so that it doesn't come out with lumps.
3. when it is well coagulated add some warm water, depending on how soft you want it be and cover to simmer for some minutes.
after this turn it together properly.
4. please serve hot so as to enjoy it.
PREPARATION OF EWEDU SOUP
1. The leafs need to be chopped properly.
by using a blender to blend or
chopping board and knife or broom.
Any method u choose to use is okay.
2. Place a little quantity of water in pot and place on burner
3. Add kanhun [potassium] and allow to melt in water before adding your chopped or blended ewedu leafs. NOTE: the potassium makes it soft and make sure you add very little quantity of it.
4. Add the leafs and stir until it softens and well thicken. by now it will start pulling add salt to taste and its ready.
5. Serve with amala and any stew of your choice